The Indian Maritime University (IMU) has released the exam dates for IMU Common Entrance Test , IMU CET 2016. IMU CET 2016 will be held on June 4, 2016 by the IMU, Uthandi. IMU CET 2016 will be a computer based test.
IMU CET 2016 is held for admissions into the following courses at Indian Maritime University Campuses for the academic session 2016:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Ship Building & Repair, Maritime Science, Nautical Science
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Port and Shipping Management, International Transportation and Logistics Management
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering and Dredging and Harbour Engineering
Also read: What is Marine Engineering? Scope and Career Opportunities
Interest candidates details of admission process, eligbility criteria, and important dates for IMU CET 2016
For B.Tech/B.Sc Programmes:
- Candidates should have passed Class 12 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
For M.Tech Programme:
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Civil/Aeronautical/Marine/Naval Architecture or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Candidates should have an aggregate marks fo 60%.
For MBA programme:
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Candidates must have an aggregate of 50% marks from ta recognised univeristy.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Application fee of Rs.1000 must be paid for general candidates and Rs.700 must be paid for SC/ST candidates.
IMU CET 2016 Paper pattern:
For UG Programmes:
- Syllabus will consist of questions from Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude at plus 2 level (CBSE, ISE and state boards)
For MBA programmes:
- Syllabus will be from sections like Quantitative ability, Data interpretation, Verbal ability and Logical reasoning
For M.Tech programmes:
- Syllabus will be from sections English, General Knowledge, Aptitude, Mathematics and Engineering
- The questions in the paper will be of multiple choice questions.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Date of start of online registration: April 1, 2016
- Last date for online registration: May 13, 2016
- Hall ticket or admit cards available for download: from May 20, 2016
- Date of IMU CET 2016: June 4, 2016
- Date of IMU CET 2016 results: June 8, 2016