Cochin University of Science and technology (CUSAT) has announced the complete schedule for online CUSAT Common Admission test 2017.
CUSAT University conducts:
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Lateral Entry Test (LET)
- Departmental Admission Test (DAT) every year
On the basis of these tests, candidates can get admission in the UG, PG and PhD programmes of the university in various streams of academic and professional education.
CUSAT (CAT) 2017 is conducted for the B.Tech Programme and all other PG programmes. Candidates may get the complete information about CUSAT including CUSAT CAT exam date and latest notification for all exams conducted by CUSAT.
The scores of CUSAT-CAT are utilised for admissions into the following programmes:
Master of Science (M Sc) in Photonics, Computer Science, B.Tech, lateral entry to B.Tech, Masters of Technology (M Tech), 5 years integrated Bachelor of Commerce. Bachelor of Laws (B.Com.LL.B) Honors, Bachelor of Business Administration.Bachelor of Laws (BBA.LL.B) Honors, Master of Arts (M.A) Hindi, Economics, lateral entry to MCA, dual degree program of LL.M (IP).Ph.D and LL.M (IPR).Ph.D programs for the academic year 2017.
CUSAT CAT Eligibility 2107:
For each programme the eligibility criteria are separate.
- The eligibility criteria for CUSAT CAT 2017 is mentioned below:
- Candidates applying for B.Tech programme must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognised educational board.
- Candidates having valid GATE score card are eligible for 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination marks for M.Tech Programmes.
- Candidates belonging from Indian/Foreign/PIO candidates are eligible to apply.
- For all UG programmes (except Marine Engineering), the minimum eligibility for SEBC candidates with Non-Creamy Layer Status of Kerala State for admission to B.Tech programme is 45% for Mathematics and 45% for PCM (physics, Chemistry Mathematics) put together in the qualifying examination.
How to apply CUSAT:
CUSAT 2017 application form is available from February 8, 2017. The CUSAT CAT exam application can be filled and submitted through online mode. Aspirants can fill the form through the official website.
The online application process:
- The first stage constitutes of submitting basic details like name, date of birth, email id, mobile number etc as to create login credentials.
- In the second stage, candidates must submit all other details required in the online registration form and apply the recent passport size photograph.
- Choose your payment mode and remit the prescribed application fee.
- At last, note down your registration number and take the print out of the confirmation page
- The candidates may download the CAT-2017 admit card from Saturday, April 15, 2017, which will not be sent to the candidate’s address by post.
The application fee for various categories is mentioned below.
- Application fee (other than NRI seats/seats for International Candidates) is Rs.1000/-
- General category is Rs. 1000/-
- SC/ST category candidates is Rs.500/-
- Fee payment can be made only through online mode using a debit card, credit card or net banking. For PhD and M Phil programmes: Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for S C/S T Candidates)
- For PDF, Diploma, Certificate Programmes: Rs. 100/- (Rs. 50/- for SC/S T Candidates)
- Online payment can be done through credit/debit card or net banking. Students can also make fee payment through DD in favour of “Registrar, CUSAT” payable at Ernakulam.
Dates to remember:
- Last date of online registration: Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
- Date of online registration for all courses with a fine of Rs 100/-: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, to Monday, March 6, 2017.
- Last date of remittance of fees for online registration for all courses (except PhD/M.phil, certificate programme or diploma): Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
- Date of examination: 29 & 30th April 2017
Detailed Schedule for CUSAT-CAT 2017:
|Test Date|| Subject with Test Code
|Saturday, April 29, 2017||Test for M.Sc, M.FSc & LLM (601-Biotechnology, 602-Botany, 603-Chemical Engineering, 604-Chemistry, 606-Electronics, 607 – Engineering Science, 608 – Fisheries, 609-Geology, 610 – Law for LL.M, 611 – Life Sciences, 612-Mathematics, 613Physics, 614 – Statistics, 615-Zoology, 617- Instrumentation, 618-Food Science)||9 a.m. – 11 a.m|
|Aptitude Test for MCA(501)||12.30 p.m. – 02.30 p.m|
|Test for Lateral Entry to B .Tech Programs (102) Test for M Voc. MPAD (621), Test for M Voc. TMC (622)||12.30 pm to 3.30 pm|
|Test for 3 year LLB (619)||04.00 p.m. – 06.00p.m.|
|Sunday, April 30, 2017||Test for B.Tech and 5-year M.Sc. Photonics|| 09.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. (First Session)
2.00 pm 5.00 pm (Second session)
|Test for M.A Applied Economics (616)||9.30 a.m-11.30 a.m.|
| Aptitude Test for BBA, L.L.B. (Hons) / B.Com,LL.B (Hons.) (201)
Test for MA Hindi (301)
|02.00 p.m – 04.00 p.m|
|Test for LL.M (IPR).Ph.D, MCA Lateral Entry and M.Sc Computer Science (502)||02.00 p.m – 04.00 p.m|
|Aptitude Test for LLM (IP).Ph.D, LL.M (IPR).Ph.D(620)||02.00 p.m – 05.00 p.m|